Bills are mailed out on approximately the 1st and 15th of every month.
- Customers that are billed on the 1st: Payment is due the 20th of each month!
- Customers who are billed on the 15th: Payment is due by the 5th of the following month!
Online Bill Pay
- You will receive an email when your bill is ready to view
- You can pay online anytime (24/7)
- Make a one-time payment, schedule a payment or set up recurring payments for the amount of your monthly bill
- Set up a customer profile so that future payments are fast and easy
- Avoid late payments; your payment posts the day you make the payment
Click on the links below to start the process or to make a payment.
If you have any questions, please call PSN, our payment processor, at 877-885-7968. You can also email questions to: CustomerService@PaymentServiceNetwork.com
Payment by Mail
Mail your check or money order in the supplied envelope to:
Virginia Department of Public Utilities
P.O. Box 1048
Virginia, MN 55792
Payment by Direct Payment Authorization
Eliminate the need to write out checks each month. Simply print out and complete the Direct Payment Authorization form, attach a voided check or deposit form, and either drop it off or mail it. It will start with your next bill!
Payment by Master Card/Visa
When mailing in your bill stub, complete the section indicated for credit card payment. Be sure and include your complete credit card account number, expiration date, and sign in the spot indicated.
Payment in After-Hours Drop Box
Payments can be made after-hours by using our convenient drop box. For your protection, do not make cash payments using the drop box and always include your bill stub.
Payment in Person
Please bring in your entire bill. We will stamp the lower portion PAID and return it to you.
Equal Payment Plan
The Virginia Department of Public Utilities offers an Equal Payment Plan to help customers even out their monthly utility bills. During April of each year, you can sign up for this Plan.
The Equal Payment Plan will average your bills based on prior usage for the previous twelve (12) month period – (i.e. April 1, 2008 through March 31, 2009).
Who can sign up:
- Residential property owners with service established for at least twelve (12) months prior
- Residential property owners with account current – all bills paid in full prior to application
How it works:
- Complete the application form and mail or bring in to DPU business office
- Sign up by the April deadline each year.
- Your Equal Payment amount may be recalculated at any time due to drastic changes in consumption or overall rate changes & you will receive notification if your payment changes once you have signed up for this Plan
- The first Equal Payment amount will be due in June.
- The last payment of the Plan Year will be due in May and will be for any remaining balance due.
Your bill will show:
- Your exact meter readings
- Your exact charges for your utilities
- The amount normally due
- The Equal Payment amount due shown on your statement as the Please Pay amount
How to stop:
- You may cancel at any time by notifying the Utility in writing
- Non-payment of account by the regular due date will also result in removal from the program
Questions? Contact our Business Office at 748-7540.